This is Dave Erickson's third and last season as showrunner. In Season 4 the showrunners will be Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg; Scott M. Gimple also joins the senior production team as an executive producer.
There are 16 episodes in Season 3; it started filming in late 2016 and aired on June 4th 2017.
|“||As Fear the Walking Dead returns for season three, our families will be brought together in the vibrant and violent ecotone of the U.S.-Mexico border. International lines done away with following the world's end, our characters must attempt to rebuild not only society, but family as well. Madison has reconnected with Travis, her apocalyptic partner, but Alicia has been fractured by her murder of Andres. Madison's son mere miles from his mother, Nick’s first action as a leader saw Luciana ambushed by an American militia group — the couple escaped death, but Nick no longer feels immortal. Recovering both emotionally and physically, Strand has his sights set on harnessing the new world's currency, and Ofelia's captivity will test her ability to survive and see if she can muster the savagery of her father.||”|
— Season 3a, Official Synopsis
|“||In the second half of season three, the Clarks and Ottos have secured an uneasy truce with the Nation. Former enemies must find a way to survive together. Tension mounts at Broke Jaw Ranch as their militia is decimated, resources are scarce and the Dead are encroaching. The Gonzalez Dam, a source of life, is a larger prize to the south. Strand has hit rock bottom and needs a partner to harness the world's only currency if he is going to be resurrected. Meanwhile, Daniel has become el soldado again and bides his time in service to Lola and the dam, but hasn't given up the ghost of Ofelia.||”|
— Season 3b, Official Synopsis
|01||"Eye of the Beholder"||04 Jun 2017||5.08m|
|The Clark family find themselves in a dire predicament. They must work together to discover a path to safety.|
|02||"The New Frontier"||04 Jun 2017||4.63m|
|Following a harrowing journey, the Clark family arrive at their new home; and Strand faces resistance as he attempts to hold power over his domain.|
|03||"Teotwawki"||11 Jun 2017||4.22m|
|Still finding their place, Alicia and Nick fall in with new crowds; Madison discovers Otto's past mimics her own.|
|04||"100"||18 Jun 2017||2.4m|
|A mysterious character searches for purpose and becomes tied to the struggle over a resource.|
|05||"Burning in Water, Drowning in Flame"||25 Jun 2017||2.5m|
|An oncoming threat disrupts peace; Madison and Troy search for answers; Alicia must reconcile with her past.|
|06||"Red Dirt"||2 Jul 2017|
|Loyalty wavers at the Ranch; news of incoming danger spreads in the community; Madison struggles to keep everyone together; Nick grapples with a hard truth.|
|07||"The Unveiling"||9 Jul 2017|
|An arrival at the Ranch creates a divide; tensions run high as communities clash; Alicia forms a new relationship.|
|08||"Children of Wrath"||9 Jul 2017|
|Madison must negotiate the terms of an agreement in the midst of ranch-wide turmoil. Nick and Alicia challenge their mother's motives.|
|09||"Minotaur"||10 Sep 2017|
|In the aftermath of the Clark family's actions, new leadership assumes control of the Ranch. Daniel assists Lola in the distribution of water.|
|10||"The Diviner"||10 Sep 2017|
|With the Ranch dangerously low on resources, Madison and Walker leave in search of a solution. Nick and Alicia struggle to keep the peace.|
|11||"La Serpiente"||17 Sep 2017|
|Following the rekindling of an old friendship, a mission is launched to replenish the Ranch's water supply by seeking the help of another community.|
|12||"Brother's Keeper"||24 Sep 2017|
|Nick and Jake set out to handle a delicate situation; the Ranch prepares for a threat greater than any they've faced before.|
|13||"This Land Is Your Land"||1 Oct 2017|
|Alicia is thrust into a position of leadership where she's forced to make life-changing decisions.|
|14||"El Matadero"||8 Oct 2017|
|Alicia encounters a potential ally; Ofelia fights for survival; Nick uses his skill set for profit.|
|15||"Things Bad Begun"||15 Oct 2017|
|Strand's motives are made clear when Nick discovers a new threat descending on the dam|
|16||"Sleigh Ride"||15 Oct 2017|
|Madison faces a horrifying revelation.|
Main Cast Deaths
- Travis Manawa in episode 2 "The New Frontier"
- Jeremiah Otto in episode 8 "Children of Wrath"
- Jake Otto in episode 12 "Brother's Keeper"
- Ofelia Salazar in episode 14 "El Matadero"
- Troy Otto in episode 15 "Things Bad Begun"
- Lola Guerrero in episode 16 "Sleigh Ride"
- Kim Dickens as Madison Clark (details)
- Cliff Curtis as Travis Manawa (details)
- Frank Dillane as Nick Clark (details)
- Alycia Debnam-Carey as Alicia Clark (details)
- Colman Domingo as Victor Strand (details)
- Mercedes Mason as Ofelia Salazar (details)
- Danay Garcia as Luciana (details)
- Daniel Sharman as Troy Otto (details)
- Sam Underwood as Jake Otto (details)
- Lisandra Tena as Lola Guerrero (details)
- Dayton Callie as Jeremiah Otto (details)
- Brenda Strong as Ilene Stowe (Ep 2)
- Dominic Bogart as Joe (Ep 2)
- Emma Caulfield as Tracy Otto (Ep 2)
- Jason Manuel Olazabal as Dante Esquivel (Eps 3,4)
- Jesse Borrego as Efrain Morales (Ep 4)
- Justin Deeley as Mike Trimbol (Eps 3,5,6)
- Justin Rain as Crazy (Ep 5)
- Karen Bethzabe as Elena Reyes (Ep 2)
- Kinsey McLean as Medic, at Broke Jaw Ranch (Ep 2)
- Lindsay Pulsipher as Charlene (Eps 1 & 2)
- Michael Greyeyes as Qaletqa Walker (Ep 5)
- Michael William Freeman as Blake Sarno (Eps 1,2,5)
- Noel Fisher as Willy (Ep 1)
- Rae Gray as Gretchen Trimbol (Eps 3,5,6)
- Ramses Jimenez as Hector Reyes (Ep 2)
- Ricardo J Chacon as J.C. (Eps 3,4)
- Ross McCall as Steven (Ep 1)
New Cast Members
|“||There's gonna be a new prominent character, who we're gonna meet south of the border, who is going to have an impact on Nick and Luciana, and Strand most likely. She will become somebody, I think, who can rival any of the powerful characters we've had on the show or will have on the show. The idea is to create opposing forces on either side of the border and see what happens when they end up in conflict and what happens if our family is on opposite sides of the conflict.||”|
— Dave Erickson, on a new character in Season 3, that he seemed to imply would be Tracy Otto, played by Emma Caulfield.
- Season 3 promotional images and videos.
- Live +7 ratings, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_the_Walking_Dead_(season_3)