There will be 15 episodes  in the second season which started filming in December 2015.  These are split between Season 2a and Season 2b with seven episodes in 2a followed by eight episodes in 2b. The second season was shot in Mexico, at Baja Studios, which is the home of the "World's Largest Stages and Filming Tanks", and it's where they shot Titanic, just so you know.
In the same way that the main location for Season 1 was the El Sereno district of Los Angeles, the main location for Season 2a is the Abigail. The Abigail's the first movable location in The Walking Dead universe. At the start of the Season, she is anchored just offshore somewhere near Long Beach (given that Strand's home is near the outlet of the LA River). In the first episode Strand initially talks about sailing to San Diego but is actually heading for the family estate of his partner, in Baja California.
|01||"Monster"||10 Apr 2016||8.8m|
|Our families flee a burning Los Angeles on Victor Strand's yacht. Tensions arise among the group; Strand remains mysterious. Our group encounters danger at sea.|
|02||"We All Fall Down"||17 April 2016||7.781m|
|Our group seeks shelter with a survivalist family. Madison tries to uncover the family’s true motives. Salazar works to uncover Strand’s intentions.|
|03||"Ouroboros"||24 April 2016|
|Madison confronts Strand about his mysterious destination. Meanwhile, Nick, Alicia and others inspect wreckage from a plane crash.|
|04||"Blood in the Streets"||1 May 2016|
|The group lets a family in distress board the Abigail; Strand's past begins to come to light; Nick looks for an associate of Strand's|
|05||"Captive"||8 May 2016|
|Alicia works toward reuniting with her family; Travis comes across a familiar face; Madison and Nick try to save their family against all odds.|
|06||"Sicut Cervus"||15 May 2016|
|Conflict arises as the Abigail approaches its destination; Chris makes a staggering decision; Nick meets a new maternal figure.|
|07||"Shiva"||22 May 2016|
|The family faces their biggest test yet; Nick, Madison, Travis and others try to stay close to each other.|
Season 2 Deaths Edit
- "We All Fall Down"
- Ben, shot in the head.
- Breannah, shot in the head.
- "Sicut Cervus"
- "Los Muertos"
Flight 462 Edit
We've known for a while that a character from Flight 462 will be joining the cast of Fear for Season 2. Brenden Meyer AND Michelle Ang, who play Jake Powell and Charlie on Flight 462, joined the cast in episode 3 of Season 2 over on IMDB. Michelle returned in the episode "Captive".
Flight 462 was on its way to Phoenix from LAX (Los Angelos International Airport), but due to power failures at Phoenix it gets diverted. This is how the new characters ends up in Season 2, with the plane ditching at sea. Its wreckage is found by the group while they are scavenging for supplies on land. At this point they encounter Alex and Jake from Fear thalking Dead: Flight 462.
Cast Changes Edit
- Colman Domingo, who plays Victor Strand, was promoted to Main Cast for Season 2.
- New boy Daniel Zovatto plays the recurring role Reed.
- And another addition, Arturo Del Puerto, plays Luis (originally referred to as "Carlos"), who is "guarded but possesses a spiritual understanding of the world."
- Dougray Scott as Thomas Abigail joined the cast in a recurring role. Details were secret as usual but the casting call said: "Casey, a decent man who believes in civility”, someone who "is confident in an unexpected position of authority." That was a casting call description and name remember.
- Michelle Ang as Alex, joined the main cast from Fear the Walking Dead: Flight 462
- Veronica Diaz-Carranza (Behold My Heart and Complications), is in a recurring role: "Vanessa, described as smart and deceptive, with a look of innocence, someone who throws herself into her work with reckless abandon." Again, that was a casting call description and name, the character's actual name was Vida.
Trailers, Sneak Peeks, and Photos Edit
The first teaser trailer for Season 2 is in the gallery below. Don't blink while you're watching it though, you'll miss it.
Season 2 Plot Edit
We know that there's going to be a mix of storylines between land and at sea on Strand's Yacht, the "Abigail".
|“||"There will be quite a bit of action on the seas -- and we'll split it between land and water. But it's going to be an interesting dynamic."||”|
Erickson also talked about where the characters' minds will be entering the second season:
|“||They know the city has fallen and know things are incredibly bad and they know that this is happening in other states and potentially other countries but they haven't had anybody say to them, "The world is over; this is our extinction event." That's something they'll have to process as they move through season two as well. If I were them, I'd be thinking that there has to be some place to go. Maybe it's an island. I don't know. But there's got to be a place where this contagion hasn't touched. But we the audience know that's not true and that will be the next blow that they suffer.||”|
Other Season 1 characters coming back? There's Tobias who was very popular and I wouldn't be surprised to see him again, but he also talked about the fate of Dr. Exner, who didn't get a definite ending in the season finale:
|“||In my mind, she was planning to use that cattle pistol on herself. Her mission has failed and she had a look into what our characters don't understand yet: this is the end. She is left in a place where I don't think she sees any way to bounce back from it. We have no plans for Exner right now.||”|
Shame, a Doctor might have come in handy, especially with what happened to .... Oh, and there's going to be a short time jump when Season 2 starts.
|“||There's too much emotional weight coming off of the finale and the loss of Liza and Griselda. We didn't want to jump too far because there's an obligation to see the aftermath of that and see how that impacts our characters as they try to wrestle with it.||”|
- ↑ FTWD Season 2 Premiere Date - thewalkingdead.com (Jan 9, 2016)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 http://fear-walking-dead.com/news/15-episodes-in-2-season/
- ↑ http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/07/fear-walking-dead-season-2-episode.html
- ↑ http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/TV/2015/12/05/Fear-the-Walking-Dead-Season-2-now-in-production-in-Mexico/2661449336154/ Season 2 Starts Filming
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/fear-the-walking-dead/episodes/784566/
- ↑ http://tvline.com/2016/04/15/fear-the-walking-dead-renewed-season-3-at-amc/
- ↑ http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/04/24/cable-live-3-ratings-april-11-17-2016/
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tv/fear-the-walking-dead/episode-guide/EP02209982?aid=tvschedule
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5218334/?ref_=tt_ep_nx
- ↑ http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/fear-the-walking-dead/249544/fear-the-walking-dead-season-2-news-shooting-begins-new-details-teaser-premiere-date
- ↑ http://deadline.com/2016/01/fear-the-walking-dead-cast-arturo-del-puerto-the-strain-america-olivo-1201692670/
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/fear-the-walking-dead/249544/fear-the-walking-dead-season-2-news-shooting-begins-new-details-teaser-premiere-date