|“||Maddy (Madison) has come from a tough time. She became a single mother raising a teenager. She lost her husband and she’s been very adaptable. She had darker, challenging stuff in her childhood as well that’s made her sort of like, ‘Let’s pack the bags, let’s go,’ like adaptable and survivalist. I think that makes her strong, but at the same time I think when Travis comes into her life, she finally feels like he’s a rock for her and I can relax and lean on this man and he is there, and he has my back and he has my family’s back. He will be there for me. That’s a nice complement to her strength and gives her sort of a break. He tries to even tell her that.||”|
Dickens was born in Huntsville, Alabama, and attended Vanderbilt University in Nashville, where she majored in communication. After graduation, she moved to New York City to continue her studies at the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute. She later graduated from the American Academy of Dramatic Art’s two-year performing arts conservatory in New York City.
|“||... the first I actually saw of The Walking Dead was with Patrick (Patrick Fugit — who played Dickens’ onscreen police partner in the David Fincher movie — was also selected to play Kyle Barnes on Cinemax’s Outcast, a 2016 adaptation of another Robert Kirkman comic book.) because we were shooting some Gone Girl driving scenes in the cop car, I remember it was night, and we were waiting in the car, and he said to me, ‘Have you ever seen this show?’ He started playing it on his iPhone, and we would just sit there quietly and watch it in between takes while we were waiting to drive up and stuff. That was the first I really saw of it.||”|
— Dickens, 
- According to fellow Fear cast member Colman Domingo, Kim and Colman still 'see each other all the time,' off the set. Their real-life friendship remains as strong as ever, after what appeared to be Madison Clark's character end in Season 4.
|“||I don’t miss Kim so much because I see her all the time. She’s one of my best friends! I have her over for dinner, we make plans, I join her family. Kim and Frank [Dillane] are still some of my dearest friends.||”|
— Colman Domingo, 
- ↑ http://www.showbizjunkies.com/tv/fear-walking-dead-cliff-curtis-kim-dickens-interview/
- ↑ http://www.amc.com/shows/fear-the-walking-dead/cast-crew/madison-clark
- ↑ http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/27/walking-dead-gone-girl-connection-robert-kirkman
- ↑ https://thenaturalaristocrat.com/2019/06/04/colman-domingo-talks-victor-strand-at-split-screens-festival-interview/