|“||That, to me, explains his whole character. All of a sudden, all of the stuff that dictates the world – who was wealthy, who was in control, who could oppress – that was all erased. It puts all the power in your hands and I felt Brandon was somebody who really wanted to create his own little kingdom. He has an objective of being king and this is the way the world works now. There’s no room for weakness or holding onto archaic morals that no longer apply.||”|
— Blatz, in answer to the question "He even says the end times have made him a god. What was your reaction to that line?"
Kelly Blatz plays the role of Brandon in Fear the Walking Dead.
Kelly Blatz was raised in Burbank, California, where he attended Burbank High school and excelled in sports. A film class his senior year led him to decide to become an actor. He dropped out of Loyola Marymount University after only going to orientation and studied acting with Ivana Chubbuck at her studio in Hollywood, where he spent the next 2 years.
His first major film role was in the 2008 remake of the movie Prom Night, with Brittany Snow. From there he had roles in the indie films: From Within, where he played a psychopathic son of a preacher, and April Showers, where he played a Columbine survivor who lost his love in the shootings. Soon after, he landed the title role in Disney XD's first flagship action series Aaron Stone.
Other Work Edit
- Prom Night, Michael, (2008)
- From Within, Dylan, (2008)
- Aaron Stone, Aaron Stone / Charlie Landers / Charley Landers, (2009-2010)
- Skyrunners, Nick Burns, (2009)
- Black Box, music album
- White Noise, music album
- Holy Ghost, music album
- Blatz was the lead singer in the band Capra for 6 years, releasing 3 albums and playing LA venues such as The Troubadour, Viper Room, Whiskey a Go-Go and the House of Blues. After signing to Hollywood Records, with producer Matt Wallace, who produced Maroon 5's first hit record "Songs About Jane". Before the record came out, he left the band due to artistic differences.
- He is the middle child of 3 children. He has an older sister and a younger brother.
- In 2011, Blatz took a year off from acting to record two solo albums under the name "Scott Kid". The albums: Black Box and White Noise were followed by Holy Ghost, his third album. Blatz's music is available on soundcloud.