Fear the Walking Dead , commonly abbreviated as simply "Fear" or "FTWD", is an American horror television drama. The executive producers are Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert with Dave Erickson as showrunner. The first season has premiered in August of 2015.
On March 9, 2015 AMC announced the series had been picked up for two seasons.
In May 2016, AMC announced that the series had been picked up for a third season.
Official synopsis Edit
|“||Living in the same universe as The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead is a gritty drama that explores the onset of the undead apocalypse through the lens of a fractured family. Set in a city where people come to escape, shield secrets, and bury their pasts, a mysterious outbreak threatens to disrupt what little stability high school guidance counselor Madison Clark and English teacher Travis Manawa have managed to assemble. The everyday pressure of blending two families while dealing with resentful, escapist, and strung out children takes a back seat when society begins to break down. A forced evolution, a necessary survival of the fittest takes hold, and our dysfunctional family must either reinvent themselves or embrace their darker histories.||”|
— Digital Press Kit, amc.com
On December 3, 2015 AMC announced Season 2 filming had begun in Baja, Mexico.
Initial Casting CallEdit
This is a cast list based on the original and subsequent casting calls for the pilot. TWD casting calls have used temporary names in the past and this is no exception. Of the names listed here only Nick, Art, Tobias and Matt made it through to the actual series.
- Sean Cabrera. A Latino male in his early 40s, Sean is a good man, a teacher, trying to do right by everyone in his life.
- Cody Cabrera. Sean’s whip-smart and rebellious teenage son. Known as the angriest kid in town.
- Nancy Tompkins. "The female lead" . A thirty-something single mom to two kids, Nancy looks like the girl next door, but there’s an edge to her.
- Nick Tompkins. Nancy’s screwed up teenage son. He’s too old to stay home, too scared to flee.
- Ashley Tompkins. Nancy’s mostly level-headed teenage daughter. Her ambition is in direct proportion to her older brother’s failures. She loves her mom but it’s time to get out of Dodge, she has dreams of leaving L.A. for Berkeley when the apocalypse strikes.
- Matt. Ashley's "Jock boyfriend"
- Andrea Chapman. A somewhat wilted flower child, forty-something Andrea who has retreated to the outskirts of the city to recover after a horrible marriage.
- Art: The principal at the school where both Sean and Nancy work, who has concerns about the bizarre outbreak featured on the local news.
- Tobias: A wise-beyond-his-years senior at the school who believes the outbreak is Doomsday.
- Casper: Nick's drug-dealing best friend.
Casting Call Dec 2014 Edit
For shooting in Los Angeles between Jan 19 and Feb 3 2015, the call was for "principal actor speaking roles"
The call was for the following roles:
- [Male, 40-55] Any ethnicity, he is the law enforcer of an inner city school
- [Male, over 18 to portray 17-18] Any ethnicity, intelligent, cool, handsome and very artistic
- [Male, over 18 to portray 17-18] Any ethnicity, very smart but makes a bad decision in school
- [Female, 30-49] Any ethnicity, to portray a high school science teacher
- [Female, 25-50] Any ethnicity, to play a nurse, good sense of humour but can play "horrified"
- [Female, 18 to play younger] Any ethnicity, high school student with a tattoo
- [Male, 18] Any ethnicity, very charismatic, he is a master manipulator
- [Male or Female] Age and race open, to play an emergency room physician
- [Male or Female] Age and race open, to play an LAPD cop
- [Male, 35-40] Caucasian, is at an accident scene and calls 911 on his mobile
- [Male 40-50] Race open, skinny, frightened, on some type of illicit drugs
- [Male 20-39] Race open, to play a hospital orderly
Mostly from pre-Season 1 press.
- Robert Kirkman has said that the zombie virus theory will not be answered in this series.
- Robert Kirkman remarked that the series is "technically not a spin-off," because it doesn't have any characters in common with the original series.
- The Companion Series will be unrelated to the Comic Series.
- The companion series is partially a prequel to the television series, it will take place during the start of the zombie apocalypse and show attempts to control it. The origins, though not the cause are explored in the series. A Deadline article claimed that an early script for the Pilot "features one character who briefly appeared during a key season one episode."  but this failed to materialise.
- The series revolves around a male divorced teacher and a female guidance counsellor. 
- ↑ http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/16/walking-dead-spin-off/ Entertainment Weekly (September 16, 2013)
- ↑ http://www.thewalkingdead.com/fear-the-walking-dead/ http://www.thewalkingdead.com/fear-the-walking-dead/
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 http://deadline.com/2015/03/walking-dead-companion-series-2-season-order-amc-1201388983/
- ↑ Fear The Walking Dead Production Begins - spoilerstv.com (May 11, 2015)
- ↑ Fear The Walking Dead Begins Filming In Mexico - comicbook.com (December 3, 2015)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 6.6 6.7 http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-prequel-details-758378, (December 16th 2014)
- ↑ http://www.acting-auditions.org/2014/12/walking-dead-companion-series-official-casting-director-information.html
- ↑ Zombie virus theory will not be answered in FTWD- www.ibtimes.co.uk (April 20, 2015)
- ↑ Spin-off lands a showrunner - www.uproxx.com (Mar 28, 2014)
- ↑ The Walking Dead Spin-Off TV Series Is Unrelated To Comics According To Robert Kirkman, comicbook.com, (April 9, 2014).
- ↑ http://deadline.com/2014/12/frank-dillane-alicia-debnam-carey-cast-the-walking-dead-companion-series-spinoff-1201305129/